Is it hard for you to sleep? Put a clove of garlic under the pillow!
Garlic is a very old food that has been used as a condiment for many dishes and active ingredient of hundreds of remedies. It is a close relative of the onion and, although its smell is not very pleasant, it is one of the most consumed by all the people in the world. It is an ingredient rich in essential nutrients, with multiple medicinal applications and a wide variety of health benefits. Next we want to remember its main properties and an interesting therapy that can be very useful for those who have sleep problems.
Garlic nutritional properties
- Garlic can contain up to 100 kcal per 100 grams.
- Since its consumption is not massive, it is not a problem for body weight.
- In addition, it contains complex carbon hydrates and proteins that contribute to improving physical and mental performance.
- It provides vitamins of the B complex and essential minerals such as sodium, potassium and magnesium.
- High concentration of sulfur compounds such as allicin.
Main benefits of garlic
- Relieves various types of infections, metabolic disorders and respiratory system problems.
- It is a great ally of cardiovascular health since it contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances.
- Its consumption improves the elasticity of the arteries, decreases the excess of cholesterol and regulates blood pressure levels.
- It also improves blood flow to each of the cells in the body and helps prevent premature aging.
- It has bactericidal and antiseptic qualities that could work even better than certain synthetic antibiotics.
- It is a natural diuretic that fights against fluid retention and excess tissue inflammation.
Why put a clove of garlic under the pillow?
This simple treatment consists of placing a clove of garlic under your pillow every night. This ancient secret of grandmothers is used to promote a healthy and deep sleep, for people who have difficulty sleeping.
The sulfurous compounds of garlic spread along with their smell and exert a soothing effect that helps improve the quality of sleep.
Formerly it was said that it could protect people from evil spirits but, in reality, the sense of security it provides is due to its zinc concentration.
As if that were not enough, it also has positive effects on physical performance the next day, since it helps to renew the energies to better take on the day.
Garlic milk recipe
Another interesting way to take advantage of the benefits of garlic for sleeping is to prepare a natural drink with relaxing properties.
- 1 glass of milk (200 ml)
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5 g)
- Pour the milk into a pot, add the crushed garlic and let it boil for three minutes.
- After this time, wait for it to rest, add the honey.
- It is best to drink the preparation 30 minutes before going to bed to get optimal results.
In conclusion, besides being one of the best condiments, garlic is an ally for health and continuous sleep problems.